Minor Project Visual Research

kathrynpoole:

Etching the stone didn’t go so well. I think that I used the wrong kind of solvent while taking out the pigment after gumming the stone. We used acetone but I think because it is a water based solvent it will have moved the gum and the grease all over the image. So when I use the asphaltum on it some areas were completely muddied and some just washed away.
Slightly disappointing, but I suppose I have learnt more than if it worked.
View Larger

kathrynpoole:

Etching the stone didn’t go so well. I think that I used the wrong kind of solvent while taking out the pigment after gumming the stone. We used acetone but I think because it is a water based solvent it will have moved the gum and the grease all over the image. So when I use the asphaltum on it some areas were completely muddied and some just washed away.

Slightly disappointing, but I suppose I have learnt more than if it worked.